Thursday, June 30, 2005

George Clinton - the big payback
Got a call from Ticketek yesterday - they are offering refunds to people who bought $100 tickets for the George Clinton show held in early April. Closer to the date of the show ticket prices dropped to $80 - I moaned bitterly about this at the time. Ticketek apparently made this decision to do a refund a few weeks back, which is surprising, given the gig was so long ago. Wonder what happened? Still, nice one. That's $20 bucks I didn't have last week.

I played Amerie- 1 Thing (Sikk remix) on my show last week, and Tam kindly put me onto the MIA vs Amerie mashup, it's wicked - cheers, Tam. If you want your own copy, get it here. And while we're on the subject of mashups... Gainsboots manuva - Locataires colossaux métamix Serge Gainsbourg - Dub locataires VS Roots Manuva - colossal insight. Think the Gainsbourg is from his album with Sly and Robbie - anybody got that? And Crookair - John Legend's "Number One" vs. "Under me Sleng Teng" here. And this gem, Eminem vs Manu Chao, "Ass like that" on "Bongo Bong".
ADDED: Someone just hipped me to this... Tricky Sharona (My Sharona with Run DMC's Its' Tricky) and did I mention Primal Scream Remixed? Here you go - Screamixadelica.

FFD Chart Watch - album still in the top ten, but only just. Got some interesting comments to yesterdays posts, including someone who suggested they were surprised FFD had done so well with that album, as it wasn't the killer album they'd been waiting for... "[it's] an awesome achievement which begs the question as to what would have happened if it HAD been the album they are capable of..."

1 comment:

Smacked Face said...

LOVING the mash-ups! Nice work. There were so many around a while back I have to admit I got heartily sick of the phenomenon - but quality mash-ups still rock the party that rocks the party... x